About  

Monday, September 3, 2007

I'm a mid 30s sometimes writer who grew up thinking politics was funny and cool based entirely on impressions formed by reading drug-addled Bill the Cat in the ’80s comic strip Bloom County. My first job out of college was for a small but respectable weekly where I had interned because the shitty liberal arts college I attended knew nothing about teaching journalism, to say nothing about their lack of help in placement or preparing you for a career in newspapers, but, like whatever. This led to an eventual job at a small, shrinking daily owned by a profitably cheap corporation, which I left (gasp) almost 10 years ago. I have since discovered the joy of blogging (golf clap). As in college, I am self- and peer-taught (and it probably shows). I live with my family in a city in the Northeast that retains much of its architectural and cultural beauty, though I wish some of our city leaders would see the beauty in this and other aspects of modern urban living and instead quit trying so hard to bring in yet another chain-store pharmacy with a drive-thru attached.

0 comments: to “ About

Post a Comment

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster